Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Combating Candida Naturally



The doctors and I debate about the presence of candida in my body.  They are all adamant that I do not have anything like that going on.  I am adamant that whatever it is that is causing my body such upset is really responding to these few things I've learned to add to my regime: acidophiles/bifidus and oil of oregano capsules.  I have discovered that taking two capsules of each, once per day keeps my body in balance and I do not suffer any symptoms!


I also try to eat a regular supply of fresh broccoli, cabbage, and spinach.  Here's a fabulous recipe for Red Cabbage Slaw that is so very yummy, good for you and will keep for days refridgerated.

RED CABBAGE SLAW
*use only fresh, raw vegetables
sliced red cabbage
chopped brocoli
diced carrots
chopped spring onions or leeks
corn cut from the cob
chopped walnuts
dried cranberries

Mix ingrediants above in a large bowl, then stir in the dressing:
mayonaisse
vinegar (rice, apple cidar or red wine)
S&P


The whole family loves this salad- even picky 12 year old daughters who need their vegetables most especially as they're growing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment