Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sam I Am



At times I feel like “Sam I Am,”
From the story Green Eggs and Ham.

“Take it- here: I give you Love
Sent to you from up above.
Try it, try it, you will see
How indeed it sets you free.”

Crossed arms and blinded to this Gift
You stand quite confident
that trying Love is trivial;
You’d rather just stay by the pool.  
Or waste away another day, 
in hopes of more and better pay;
Or sing about a love gone lost, and drink another beer.
And in your desperate waiting, lose that which is right here.

As Sam I Am, I hop up close,
And tap you on your shoulder;
I nudge you quietly at first,
Then throw a big fat boulder.
“Get up, get out, get down-inside!
Your complacency is caging.
While you grumble about getting old,
All you’re doing is aging.

You’ll spin around again, again,
Offered the Lesson each time,
Until you take that leap of faith
And live in the sublime.
What ails you so
Is not there.
There is no suffering.
And when you learn to release that pain,
You’ll find your Home again.”

As Sam I Am I poke and prod
And gently do I murmur,
“Wake up, you sleepy-head,
And know I’m in your corner.
For when you tire of this lame game,
And wishing it were over,
Succumb to Love, my precious dove,
And realize it’s your Power."

I kiss you softly on your head
and remind you in a dream,
that what you want is what you have
if all you'll do is see.

Again I remind you,
as you wake up,
your knowing growing stronger,
the time is Now, it is not then, for then, it is no longer.

I offer you the food you seek,
for this sustenance is Real.
A plate, a platter, a feast with forks-
Let's all enjoy the meal!

A knowing smile plays on my lips,
you know it looks Divine.
If craving had what craving wants
then this would be the pie.

"Have a bite, and take a nibble,
just tasting is the key.

Try it, try it- beloved One- for you are meant to see
that Love is really who you are and all you want to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment