Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dare to Dream 100 Times


I feel all tingly as I start to write.  No.  I feel the top of my head start to tingle as I think about this project that was given to me last night: make a list of 100 of my dreams, write down what my soul fancies, as I have become too practical.  I need to dream more. 

 (1.) I’d like to write.

   I’ve enjoyed writing nearly as long as I can remember.  Enamored with language in high school and prolific in my prose,  I wrote to play with words, using alliteration, allegory, similes, all different styles and voices with which to play.  I wrote to express myself, not merely my outward self, the self that takes so much energy to pronounce and maintain, but my writings were cries from my soul: sincere and true and drastic and dramatic.  I wrote of what I fancied, what I feared.  I painted pictures with my words and drew you out as a playmate to come into my world and enter a new reality.
   I flaunted my differences, dressed up my foibles, faults and fascinations with words, and flirted with my shadowy side when I wrote in my 20’s.  In my 30's, as motherhood and then career became more prominent in my life, my writing took a turn.  I dipped my virtual pen again to write for our computer business.  I personalized newsletter articles to our client base, wrote text for brochures, websites, protocols, manuals, meeting minutes and anything else that needed ‘figurative flair’, or at least that needed to be recorded (and I added the ‘figurative flair’ on my own). 
    Now that I've reached my midpoint in life, I combine these skills into capturing the passion an individual or business has, and then relay their message in the vibrant art of the written word. 

Please visit my website www.AshevilleCreativeContent.com for business articles that I've written.  Feedback is appreciated! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment